Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Extreme Makeover Home Edition


I have finally figured out how to reduce stress in my life. All I need is Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.   One major source of stress right now involves home modifications that need to happen.  There are places that are doable independently, but will need modification before I need assistance.  The clock is ticking and I can see my independence slipping away one tick at a time.

Today has been a rather frustrating day in the home modification race.  My case managers have been working hard to help get things done as quickly as possible.  I have felt like things were at a standstill for about a week but I had a meeting scheduled for today that I thought would get things on track and moving forward hopefully quickly.  There have been a lot of people setting up pieces to make this happen.  I expected more dominoes to be added to it today to keep things moving forward.  But after today, I feel like the domino trail has stopped and some have even been taken away.  It will take a miracle to make everything happen on time.  Good thing I know the author of miracles.  :)

I find myself thinking I just need Extreme Makeover Home Edition to waltz in and save the day.  I need to hear Ty Pennington and his megaphone.  But, I need it to happen very quickly.  Hey, if you're going to dream, you might as well dream big, right?  Too bad that show is no longer being filmed.

Although the dream of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is fun for a minute, I think I'll have to come back to reality and work super hard to make sure all the dominoes are in line to make this happen successfully before surgery.  Good thing I'm not setting up these dominoes alone.  I have some great help and with their hard work, my hard work, and a miracle thrown in this will happen.

If you like what you're reading, please follow this blog.  It's a great way to see when I've posted something new.  And leave comments.  I'd love to start a conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions any time. Please be kind and respectful.