Monday, May 18, 2015

Be Thankful for the Hard Times

 I have a confession to make . . .I don't want to be thankful today.  I didn't want to write a blog post because I'm in a whiny mood and just want to pull the covers over my head and block out the world.  Maybe after I eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream.  :)  But, I know how important it is to be grateful.  And, I've been reminded of that today as I read words from two women who inspire me.  As I read about their cancer experience, they both mentioned the importance of gratitude.

I was reminded yet once again that I need to maintain an attitude of gratitude.  Even when it looks like there is nothing to be thankful for, there is.  So, even when I don't feel like blogging and feel whiny, I will at least be posting my thankful list for the day.

Thankful thoughts for today:
Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
Last week of school
New earrings
Ponytail

If you like what you're reading, please follow this blog.  It's a great way to see when I've posted something new.  And leave comments.  I'd love to start a conversation!

"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."
                                                         I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (MESSAGE)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
                                                           Philippians 4:6-8 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions any time. Please be kind and respectful.