Friday, June 12, 2015

What Do I Need?

What do I need?   I've been asked that question a ton of times and the reality is I'm a little overwhelmed and not sure what is coming so I'm not sure what I will need.

Right now, I'm needing my construction projects to all be finished.  The good news is, they are in the works with a hopeful completion next week.  There are day to day needs that pop up, but at this moment, they are being handled one need at a time.  I have excellent caregivers lined up for immediately following surgery.  I'm so thankful for my husband and my mom changing their schedules to help me out.

I don't have all my needs for post surgery care figured out yet, but I'm working on it (and I'm sure I'll get more details from my surgeon and the surgical center).  I will learn about wound care and redressing my surgical site the day of my surgery.  I have been learning that infection control will be an important aspect of my aftercare.  I am asking for no visitors other than caretakers and immediate family for the first week.  And then, use discretion and don't bring anything contagious into my home.



I know I need a ton of prayers and I need you all to not disappear from my life.  I need you to respect the need for infection control and not get bent out of shape if you're asked to physically stay away for awhile.  I need you to respect my changes in energy level and changes in communication level.  I will do my best to stay in touch with all of you, but I may not be able to manage more than a few minutes at a time.

I don't know what's coming and don't know what I will need.  Just stay with me throughout these week, months, years.

Thankful thoughts for today:
Church family
Computers
Cell phones
Plan B

If you like what you're reading, please follow this blog.  It's a great way to see when I've posted something new.  And leave comments.  I'd love to start a conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask questions any time. Please be kind and respectful.